Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer

It's been an eventful one so far. The beginning of June was spent finishing school for the boys, packing up our house, completing my clinical hours (all 750 of them thank-you-very-much), and saying goodbye to our much loved friends in Walnut Creek. And somehow flying to Denver for a weekend to see my beautiful sister-in-law get married.
At the Denver Temple.


The insanity of packing got to all of us.



The transition from being super busy, to having nothing to do but unpack has been.... interesting. The boys have tested every single rule to see if they still apply in our new house. The dust (and spiderwebs- this home has been empty for a year) have settled and we are taking advantage of our very unscheduled summer to explore and have fun.
Hanging out with the Fogt cousins.



Watching 4th of July fireworks at the beach. It's not as cold as it looks- we were trying to muffle the sound for Max. The only loud noise he can tolerate is his own yelling.



Carter absolutely loved the fireworks. It's the only time he has sat still in the last 3 weeks. 



Riding bikes on the culdesac. Max asks every morning to go "ride on the culdy" as he affectionately calls it.


And lazy mornings hanging out with the brothers.


8 comments:

Ken said...

Great pictures--I am so excited to see all of you in August.

talitha said...

These are great! I love getting a little peek into your world...could you show off more of the new house? I would love to see!

Miss you!

Denise said...

Hooray, Hooray for blogs! Thank you so much for putting these photos up. I am really missing you guys!

Alisa said...

We had to give the kids chocolate chips so we could take that picture.

Buffy said...

And you did it all gracefully I'm sure Jamie. I loved that post. Please post pics of your house soon. WE MISS YOU! Trying to figure out when the soonest time is that we can come and visit!

ugkuyg said...

I love that Max calls it the "culdy". I want to see more house pictures too!

Brittany said...

I am SO proud of you for finishing all those clinical hours. And so proud of Andy for his support through it all too. You guys are such a power couple...

secwalker said...

You have the cutest boys ever. :)